Saturday, October 1, 2011

Bedtime poetry

I lay down here in my bed
 Close my eyes to get some sleep
Numerous thoughts come being
 Makes shift about sleeplessly
Thoughts of what happened today
 At times, of the past or the next day
They seem to disturb relentlessly
Doubts keep me wide awake
Sleep to me would be far away
 As I slowly fall asleep,
I wonder What in the future lies
 Alas, the veil of time prevails
Fogging out what lies ahead.
 Why should life be such a mystery?
 So unpredictable it seems to be
Perhaps there is a reason behind it
The cause maybe as trivial
as an element of suspense life holds
 for itself so it brings into being to bring,
 those emotions of shock and surprise.
 Life is just plot filled story book
 There is no point in reading at all
 if  you know how the end comes
 about It's best enjoyed when one goes about it
Reading one chapter at a time
Before I sleep every night
 It's nice to think of how the day went by
 Events, scenes to remember
Thoughts and sounds to keep in memory
Then close the chapter that was today.
 Enjoy life the best a step at a time,
just like the hands of a clock ticks on
 Be patient and wait for the moments.
 More fun filled days in life
 Are the that are still to come
 So much thought bustling through my head
 Somewhere there I find something to dream
 Random places it takes me to and makes me see
 nevertheless it'd give me a goodnight's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment